US News Rolf Harris groped blind, disabled woman: prosecutor

16:55  11 january  2017
16:55  11 january  2017 Source:   AFP

Hit and run driver may have buried case of cash

  Hit and run driver may have buried case of cash A driver who ran from the scene of a hit and run that killed two men may have buried a briefcase full of money in a nearby garden. The driver, aged in his 40s, is being hunted by police after two men in their late teens or early 20s died.The incident happened just after 11am on the B1091 between Yaxley and Farcet in Cambridgeshire.An air ambulance was called but both victims died.They have not yet been formally identified and officers were trying to trace their next of kin.The driver left the scene and despite a search by the police helicopter and a dog unit he remains on the run.

TV entertainer Rolf Harris allegedly assaulted seven girls and women in a series of "brazen" sex The 86-year-old "continues to maintain his innocence" regarding these offences, the prosecutor said, and Another "vulnerable" person, a blind , disabled woman , was allegedly groped by Harris at

TV entertainer Rolf Harris allegedly assaulted seven girls and women in a series of "brazen" sex The 86-year-old "continues to maintain his innocence" regarding these offences, the prosecutor said, and Another "vulnerable" person, a blind , disabled woman , was allegedly groped by Harris at

Veteran Australian entertainer Rolf Harris is on trial for seven counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault which allegedly took place between 1971 and 2003 © Provided by AFP Veteran Australian entertainer Rolf Harris is on trial for seven counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault which allegedly took place between 1971 and 2003

Veteran Australian entertainer Rolf Harris groped several women and girls in public, including a blind and disabled victim, British prosecutors said Wednesday.

The former television star, 86, is on trial for seven counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault which allegedly took place between 1971 and 2003.

A judge ruled in December that Harris did not have to attend the trial in person due to his age and health. He watched the hearing at a London court via video link.

Rolf Harris watches jury selected for sex trial

  Rolf Harris watches jury selected for sex trial A jury has been selected for the trial of Rolf Harris, who is charged with a string of sex offences. Harris, 86, who will follow the proceedings remotely, is accused of indecently assaulting young girls for more than 30 years.The entertainer appeared via videolink on Monday and when asked by Judge Alistair McCreath if he was Rolf Harris, replied: "I am, yes."In December last year Judge McCreath ruled Harris would not have to attend his trial in person because of his age and health.Judge McCreath told jurors at Southwark Crown Court: "Finally we are waking up to the reality that we live in a digital world.

Error 404: Page Not Found. U.S. May Deport Blind Teen After Testimony: MyFoxPHILLY.com.

TV entertainer Rolf Harris allegedly assaulted seven girls and women in a series of "brazen" sex The 86-year-old "continues to maintain his innocence" regarding these offences, the prosecutor said, and Another "vulnerable" person, a blind , disabled woman , was allegedly groped by Harris at

Harris has been a household name in Britain for more than 50 years as a much-loved television presenter, musician and songwriter.

One alleged victim, an adult at the time who is blind and suffers from cerebral palsy, claims Harris touched her breasts when he was a guest on a hospital radio show that she presented in 1976.

Harris "kissed the back of her neck and... began slobbering over her" at the start of the alleged assault, prosecutor Jonathan Rees told jurors.

Another woman said Harris put his hand up her skirt when she was 12, as she and her mother approached him for an autograph.

"Whether it was Mr Harris's celebrity status that apparently made him so brazen is something that you may wish to consider," Rees said.

"Harris was convicted of 12 offences of indecent assault, carried out on four female victims who were variously aged between 8 and 19" at an earlier trial, Rees said.

Harris, who denies the allegations, appeared on a screen, seated at a table wearing a dark jacket and tie.

The trial is expected to last around six weeks.

After studying art in London, Harris found fame in the 1960s when he secured his own television show after landing work at the BBC.

He scored a chart hit with the 1969 track "Two Little Boys", about two youngsters who grow up to fight in a war together, and performed his song "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" with the Beatles.

His success continued with the BBC's "Animal Hospital" in the 1990s and in 2005 he painted an 80th birthday portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.

Woman claims Harris groped her after TV show .
A woman who claims entertainer Rolf Harris groped her at a children's television show in the 1980s has told a court she told others about the assault but they did not believe her. The 86-year-old is alleged to have placed his hand on the breast of the teenager after a broadcast of Saturday Superstore at BBC Television Centre in White City, west London, in 1983.Giving evidence at Southwark Crown Court, the complainant said Harris stood next to her in a room where others were "milling about", before he touched her.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!